Application Specialist – Implementation (m/f)
Application Specialist - Implementation (m/f)
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Develop functional specification based on business requirements and determine impact on existing IT landscapes / enablers
- Define interface specifications with customer IT counterparts
- Provision of technical documentation of each change
- Develop workflows and system configurations based on functional specifications
- Re-uese existing solution templates and define re-usable template solutions for all customer implementations
- Support the Project Solution Lead for customer implementations
- Analysis and resolution of incoming 2nd Level Support issues/escalations from the 1st level Business System Support team
- Bug reporting and follow- up on fixes for all Integrated Logistics enabler
- Make sure that all technical and functional components of test scripts are completed successfully
- Support IT technical owners during specific system activities like archiving, purging, etc.
- Migration activities between system instances (e.g. development, test production)
- Analyze and define technical solutions for incoming Change Requests incl. effort estimation and scheduling of testing
- Implementing and testing of Change Requests
- Ensure that all relevant aspects are considered in case of cross- enabler change request
Your skills and experience
- Solution design and system architecture knowledge
- Experience in EDI B2B Integration (EDIFACT, ANSI X.12, XML/XSL, etc.)
- Advanced SQL knowledge, Oracle SQL would be a plus
- Software development skills (Java, JSP, Servlets, eclipse, etc.)
- Experience with Version Controlling, Wiki, Ticketing Tools (Confluence, Jira, or equivalent)
- VBA knowledge would be a plus
- Knowledge of Transport Management Systems advantageous
- Relevant working experience in a comparable job environment
- Formal education in IT and/or Logistics
- Analytical mindset
- Persistent and curious personality
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written), other languages advantageous
- Structured and organized way of working with a clear focus on objectives
- Logistics knowledge and/ or Test Management knowledge advantageous
Good reasons to join
We offer a challenging opportunity within an international environment as well as an attractive and performance-related salary.
Located at the very heart of Europe, and as such the ideal starting place to travel in Europe, Luxembourg is the only Grand Duchy left in the world. The country is known by its diversity, amazing nature and beautiful castles. Internationality is for sure one of the most interesting facts about Luxembourg – if you work here, you will come into contact with many different cultures, which is always beneficial for your international career development. 47 % of the population are foreigners and come from 175 countries.
Kuehne + Nagel in Luxembourg was founded in 1970 and currently has around 700 employees with over 30 different nationalities. Our head office is located in Contern, an industrial zone in the south-eastern part of Luxembourg (appr. 15min by car from Luxembourg/Luxemburg City Center). You can easily reach our offices by car via the highways from Germany (direction Trier/Saarbrücken), France or Belgium as well as by bus or by train from Luxembourg City and Trier.
Note: Condition for the conclusion of an employment agreement in the above-mentioned role is the provision of an up-to-date (not older than 3 months) certificate of good conduct as per legislation of 23 July 2016.
With over 76,000 employees at some 1,200 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on high value-added segments such as IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Learn more >>
Reference Number: req34246