Assistant to the Regional head of Operations & Customer Excellence Contract Logistics (m/f)
The Assistant works closely with the Regional head of Operations & Customer Excellence Contract Logistics, as the first point of contact with people from inside and outside the Kuehne + Nagel organization, performing, coordinating and overseeing and ensuring that all office administrative and project related tasks are handled efficiently, confidentially and with the highest level of discreetness.
On this position, the Assistant is required to exercise responsibilities with a high degree of independent judgment, technical knowledge of the specific area of assignment and a general business knowledge of Kuehne + Nagel activities, while interacting with staff and customers at all
levels, especially with the Regional Contract Logistics management team.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Provide seamless support to the Regional head of Operations & Customer Excellence Contract Logistics
Management Assistant tasks:
- Investigation, preparation, and analysis of topics
- Summarize topics ready for decision
- Follow-up on all projects of Regional head of Operations & Customer Excellence Contract Logistics
- Keep overview of running projects of the Regional Contract Logistics team
- Proactively work on process optimization
- Supporting the Regional head of Operations & Customer Excellence Contract Logistics for representing and networking tasks
- Draw and review contracts
- Calendar and travel coordination
- Organization, preparation, and wrap-up of meetings, conferences, and events
- Creation and administration of professional presentations (for internal and external use) as well as maintenance of standard presentation database
- Representation of Regional head of Operations & Customer Excellence Contract Logistics (Welcoming and looking after visitors)
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff.
Your skills and experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience
- Professional communication style
- Very good organizational skills and proactive working manner
- Very good understanding of legal matters
- Commitment and flexibility
- Absolute reliability and trustworthiness
- Ability to fulfil time-critical tasks on time, keep schedules and deadlines
- Capability to understand and execute new processes
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written), other languages like German and French are an advantage
- Very good MS Office skills, especially PowerPoint & Publisher
- Confident usage of web browsers
- Strong affinity with quality standards
Good reasons to join
Located at the very heart of Europe, and as such the ideal starting place to travel in Europe, Luxembourg is the only Grand Duchy left in the world. The country is known by its diversity, amazing nature and beautiful castles. Internationality is for sure one of the most interesting facts about Luxembourg – if you work here, you will come into contact with many different cultures, which is always beneficial for your international career development. 47 % of the population are foreigners and come from 175 countries.
Kuehne + Nagel in Luxembourg was founded in 1970 and currently has around 700 employees with over 30 different nationalities. Our head office is located in Contern, an industrial zone in the south-eastern part of Luxembourg (appr. 15min by car from Luxembourg/Luxemburg City Center). You can easily reach our offices by car via the highways from Germany (direction Trier/Saarbrücken), France or Belgium as well as by bus or by train from Luxembourg City and Trier.
Note: Condition for the conclusion of an employment agreement in the above-mentioned role is the provision of an up-to-date (not older than 3 months) certificate of good conduct as per legislation of 23 July 2016
Please apply directly online.
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 76,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com