Facility Manager (m/f)
We are looking for an experienced Facility Manager to oversee all building-related activities. You will be responsible for preserving the good
condition of our infrastructure and ensure that facilities are clean, safe, properly maintained and well-functioning.
The ideal candidate will be well-organized and able to optimize the use of space and equipment while reducing operating costs. Leadership abilities and phenomenal efficiency can set you apart among our candidate pool.
The goal is to ensure our warehouses and offices are problem-free and safe so that employees can work under the best conditions.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for the functioning of all building systems/hard services to keep up with our Quality, Safety, Health & Environment standards
- fire/life safety
- winter services
Managing the team responsible for the functioning of all supporting systems/soft services
- waste management
- pest control
- office management/hospitality
- event management
- gardening/plant care
- Overseeing building projects, renovations or refurbishments
- Monitoring budgets and approving contracts in collaboration with the line manager (FM BeLux)
- Responding to emergency situations or other urgent issues involving the facilities
- Our warehouses and offices need to comply with all local zoning laws and regulations
- You are the SPOC for the internal client
- You manage a multi-disciplinairy team (soft service manager, technicians, project manager, office manager). You are responsible to coach and support the development of your team and are able to create the right team spirit with responsibility, professionalism and result driven
- You create a culture of continuous improvement and professionalism through KPI's, benchmarking, SLA's and implementation of best practices
- You support the leadership strategy and guide your team to their best performances
- You are a goal-oriented, organized team player who can encourage his team and are able to mentor and lead
- You are self-motivated and self-directed, experienced at compiling and following strict budgets
- You work accurate and with precise attention to detail
- You will assist team members when needed to accomplish team goals
Your skills and experience
- Proven experience as facility manager or relevant position for at least 5 years
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English & German, knowledge of French as a 3rd language is an advantage
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Good analytical/critical thinking & problem solving
- BSc/BA in facility management, engineering, business administration or relevant field
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. CAFM) will be an advantage
Good reasons to join
We offer a challenging opportunity within an international environment as well as an attractive and performance-related salary.
Located at the very heart of Europe, and as such the ideal starting place to travel in Europe, Luxembourg is the only Grand Duchy left in the world. The country is known by
its diversity, amazing nature and beautiful castles. Internationality is for sure one of the most interesting facts about Luxembourg – if you work here, you will come into contact with many different cultures, which is always beneficial for your international career development. 47 % of the population are foreigners and come from 175 countries.
Kuehne + Nagel in Luxembourg was founded in 1970 and currently has around 700 employees with over 30 different nationalities. Our head office is located in Contern, an industrial zone in the south-eastern part of Luxembourg (appr. 15min by car from Luxembourg/Luxemburg City Center). You can easily reach our offices by car via the highways from Germany (direction Trier/Saarbrücken), France or Belgium as well as by bus or by train from Luxembourg City and Trier.
Please apply directly online.
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 76,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com