Freight Broker (m/f)
We are looking for communicative, well-organized and personable Freight Broker to join our fast-paced team and support us in taking our Brokerage Product to the next level.
The Freight Broker would be in charge of contacting transportation carriers with the purpose to negotiate rates and move freight for customers.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Identifying and contacting qualified carriers for freight services
- Planning and coordinating the shipment from dispatch to on-time delivery and making sure that carrier performance meets the customer expectations
- Negotiating contract and pricing agreements with carriers
- Closely collaborating with Shippers, Carriers and Dispatchers to manage the assigned schedules
- Closely collaborating with customer in tracking and reporting the shipment status and assisting them with their concerns and queries in a professional way
- Resolving freight discrepancies in a timely manner and communicating the service issues to customer or management when needed
- Contacting current and potential customers for new business opportunities
- Ensuring that all the freight paperwork is completed and approved before transportation
Your skills and experience
- Experienced negotiator with outstanding communication skills, verbal and written
- Work experience of at least 3 years in a related field
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills in English (both orally and written), any other European language would be considered as an asset
- Strong affinity with required customer quality standards
- Professional contact to international clients, commitment and open-mindedness
Good reasons to join
We offer a challenging opportunity within an international environment as well as an attractive and performance-related salary.
Located at the very heart of Europe, and as such the ideal starting place to travel in Europe, Luxembourg is the only Grand Duchy left in the world. The country is known by
its diversity, amazing nature and beautiful castles. Internationality is for sure one of the most interesting facts about Luxembourg – if you work here, you will come into contact with many different cultures, which is always beneficial for your international career development. 47 % of the population are foreigners and come from 175 countries.
Kuehne + Nagel in Luxembourg was founded in 1970 and currently has around 700 employees with over 30 different nationalities. Our head office is located in Contern, an industrial zone in the south-eastern part of Luxembourg (appr. 15min by car from Luxembourg/Luxemburg City Center). You can easily reach our offices by car via the highways from Germany (direction Trier/Saarbrücken), France or Belgium as well as by bus or by train from Luxembourg City and Trier.
Note: Condition for the conclusion of an employment agreement in the above-mentioned role is the provision of an up-to-date (not older than 3 months) certificate of good conduct as per legislation of 23 July 2016.
Please apply directly online.
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 76,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com