IT Project Manager / Solution Lead (m/f)
The IT Project Manager / Solution Lead (m/f) is part of the Implementation Management Team Western Europe, located in Contern, Luxembourg.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Manage IT project scope, IT project budgeting and cost reporting by ensuring successful completion of projects by meeting quality, schedule and cost objectives
- Assess, plan and manages project risks, issues, escalations and problem resolutions
- Report status regularly and accurately by reflecting issues, progress and key milestones
- Document key analysis, design decisions, directions and best practice sharing
- Act as project liaison between IT partners, client organizations, operational departments and business project management
- Research, create and present project proposals to the business and IT teams
- Work directly with users of respective IT business in the framework of continuous improvement initiatives
- Meet with business applications owners of IT applications to understand future requirements and address support needs
- Collect requests for new technologies, formulate solutions, estimate effort and budget and develop business cases to support change
- Responsible in designing project based IT architecture, align this with global team and supports the IT strategy, technology roadmap for company and its relation to the overall company business plan IT strategy
- Manage project based contractors, consultants and remote teams
- Assist in negotiating contracts and other IT related arrangements
- Design technology solutions against business needs
- Develop and maintain an in-depth and current knowledge of internal technologies, processes and standards
- Responsible for System- and System Integration Test as well supporting User Acceptance Testing and Technical Go Live
Your skills and experience
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in a comparable job environment
- Formal education in IT and/or Logistics
- Excellent Project Management skills and methodology with experience in coordinating clients and internal IT stakeholders
- Analytical mindset
- Persistent and curious personality
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written), other languages advantageous
- Structured and organized way of working with a clear focus on objectives
- Willingness to travel
- Logistics knowledge and/ or Test Management knowledge advantageous
Good reasons to join
We offer a challenging opportunity within an international environment as well as an attractive and performance-related salary.
Located at the very heart of Europe, and as such the ideal starting place to travel in Europe, Luxembourg is the only Grand Duchy left in the world. The country is known by its diversity, amazing nature and beautiful castles. Internationality is for sure one of the most interesting facts about Luxembourg – if you work here, you will come into contact with many different cultures, which is always beneficial for your international career development. 47% of the population are foreigners and come from 175 countries.
Kuehne + Nagel in Luxembourg was founded in 1970 and currently has around 700 employees with over 30 different nationalities. Our head office is located in Contern, an industrial zone in the south-eastern part of Luxembourg (appr. 15min by car from Luxembourg/Luxemburg City Center). You can easily reach our offices by car via the highways from Germany (direction Trier/Saarbrücken), France or Belgium as well as by bus or by train from Luxembourg City and Trier.
Please apply directly online.
Note: Condition for the conclusion of an employment agreement in the above-mentioned role is the provision of an up-to-date (not older than 3
months) certificate of good conduct as per legislation of 23 July 2016.
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 76,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com