Senior Supply Chain Design & Network Engineer (m/f)
The position is part of the joint corporate network and supply chain engineering (“NSCE”) based in Luxembourg.
The function is to work on network engineering and supply chain design projects for internal and external clients of Kuehne + Nagel.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Undertake responsibility for critical phases of network engineering projects.
- Apply the proven NSCE methodology and standard approach for supply chain design.
- Understand customers business strategies and design network solutions as subject matter expert in line with customers KPIs.
- Participate in customers meetings and workshops.
- Understand customer projects expectations in terms of time, quality and cost and deliver a concrete project plan for approval.
- Provide meaningful business conclusions out of complex data modelling using sophisticated simulation tools and facts driven network analysis.
Your skills and experience
- Master Degree in Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Working experience of at least 3 years
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical mind
- Strong affinity to understand customer requirements and needs
- Excellent skills in MS Office
- Project management discipline and mindset
- Ability to learn fast sophisticated simulation tools
- Excellent skills in English – German & French would be a strong asset
- Willingness to travel
- Able to work independent and within a team
Good reasons to join
We offer a challenging role within the international environment, with a lot of opportunities to grow, attractive salary and relocation support.
Located at the very heart of Europe, and as such the ideal starting place to travel in Europe, Luxembourg is the only Grand Duchy left in the world. The country is known by its diversity, amazing nature and beautiful castles. Internationality is for sure one of the most interesting facts about Luxembourg – if you work here, you will come into contact with many different cultures, which is always beneficial for your international career development. 47 % of the population are foreigners and come from 175 countries.
Kuehne + Nagel in Luxembourg was founded in 1970 and currently has around 700 employees with over 30 different nationalities. Our head office is located in Contern, an industrial zone in the south-eastern part of Luxembourg (appr. 15min by car from Luxembourg/Luxemburg City Center). You can easily reach our offices by car via the highways from Germany (direction Trier/Saarbrücken), France or Belgium as well as by bus or by train from Luxembourg City and Trier.
Please apply directly online.
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 74,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com
Note: Condition for the conclusion of an employment agreement in the above-mentioned role is the provision of an up-to-date (not older than 3
months) certificate of good conduct as per legislation of 23 July 2016.