Trade Lane Manager – ISC
You would be responsible for the development and growth of Sea freight business for the appointed trade lanes and products through a focused approach collaborating with and supporting Sales and Operations. Be the subject matter expert on all aspects of the designated route/product encompassing all elements of market knowledge and expertise.
Promote and develop Belgium with key overseas partners on the designated trade through a structured and constant interaction, including regular overseas Travel to respective territories.
The role will be targeted on overall development of the designated trade in terms of both Volume (TEU+CBM) and Profit (GP) development.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Escalate matters to line and matrix management as deemed appropriate.
- Highly efficient and creative in solving problems.
- Represent the general forwarding and contract logistics product portfolio by identifying opportunities with the assigned accounts and act accordingly.
- Business development of the nominated trade; through a fully collaborative approach with all levels of the sales organization on key opportunities within respective trades. Development and ownership of strategy and execution to achieve agreed growth targets for designated trade(s).
- Joint customer visits and support via provision of market expertise and knowledge.
- Maximize value creation and profit potential of the trade offering through effective consultative selling methodology
- Negotiate carrier buying positions on the nominated trade lane, in accordance with core carrier, trade management/management (Global & Local) guidelines. Ensuring a clear policy and terms of the buying agreements. Align carrier buying positions with intermodal and overall sea freight strategy.
- Strengths in building relationships across customer, industry sectors and operational functions.
- Manage, build and develop relationships with overseas partners.
- Take the lead in developing the long term strategy and approach to develop the business on the dedicated trade lanes and products. To structure, focus and develop the trade in line with PDP objectives.
- Gathering and distribution of relevant Market Intelligence to key stakeholders within Sea freight
- Operations and Sales organizations.
ISC Subject matter Expert
- Jointly develop account strategies with the Sales team to qualify ISC prospects and target customers
- Train Sales team on ISC product, use of ISC material and collaborate on customer/market approach
- Act as a KN Ambassador on ISC
Your skills and experience
- Master degree or equal by experience.
- Senior level of sales experience with emphasis on ISC; Experience in solutions design within ISC.
- Advanced knowledge of Sea/air freight procedures with proven success record in a commercial environment.
- Excellent knowledge of the appointed trade lane and products.
- Experience in executive level account management.
- Ability to develop customer proposals.
- Excellent knowledge MS Office: Explorer, Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Language skills: Dutch, English, and French.
Good reasons to join
We offer a position within a strong international environment with a competitive salary and opportunities for further development within the Kuehne + Nagel Group.
Please apply directly online or send your application by e-mail to belux.recruitment@Kuehne-Nagel.com
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 76,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com